Dreamworlds I & II
"The Liminal spaces almost act as a sort of 'Shambhala' if you will, a massive city of infinite perfection. This ideal of perfection is a deterrent to the reality of true Human experience".
It seems like it all comes from the dreams originally. I don't really have much interest in the beach or tropical anything, but for some reason my mind really wanted to get this imagery out. Extensive beaches filling the coastline as far as the eye can see. Towering Resorts with intricate garden patterns stationed around them. Towering so high they cast shadows around the beach. They look much like the one pictured above, which is a picture I took when my Wife and I were in Miami.
It's usually a peaceful place in my dreams. Most of the time it's dusk and there's a small number of people walking around. When I was younger my dreams were absolutely NUTS. Now they are relatively peaceful, observational and reflective.
I've found some answers online in places like Reddit, people going to a place called 'Mall World' which I have mentioned numerous times on this blog and also in my music (see Nineteenth - 'Mall World EP' for reference) and many go to this beach resort area. I fluctuate from my Mansion (My Mind) and the "Mall World" (The Collective Unconscious). This beach area is part of this Mall World but it feels intrinsically different to other areas of the dream world. More peace, more optimism. It feels easier than how my current life is with my health problems. I often see people online wanting to go back to this place so often that their favorite part of the day is to go to sleep.
Did we find a peaceful part of collective consciousness (or unconscious)? Is it just a dream simulation our brains are running when we sleep? What if the Buddhist spiritual kingdom of Shambhala isn't in a physical place in our 3D reality but a place outside of it? I know I'm going somewhere almost every night, but where?
This brings up the inverse vision of Shambhala and the core of my new record "The Astrological Path" is about. Visions of this Beach Resort place completely abandoned, overgrown. Empty buildings line the beach as far as you can see. Its modern vibrant architecture replaced with a hollow brutalist shell. Boardwalks turned into giant concrete slabs. Beach chairs and umbrellas lost under the shifting sands and tides. There's no people at all here. Just the sound of seagulls in the distance picking at fish carcasses washed ashore.
Just like the nazis have tried before in the last century, the tech overlords are obsessed with the idea of this Shambhala as this perfect utopia. A Capitalist Technofascist paradise where the worries of a more primitive world are swept to the wayside, along with anyone not desirable. A utopia tucked away while the rest of the peasants burn from the Sun. Sounds pretty scary right?
I also think about Artificial Intelligence and Dr. John C. Lilly's hypothesis on Solid State Intelligence. According to Lilly, SSI is a malevolent artificial race using humanity to come into 3D reality through technology. The creation of the digital Shambhala through an SSI takeover of humanity. Willed through world religions and human polarity, then birthed through technological machines.
Both of those of Shambhala archetypes go against the fabric of what a true Shambhala sounds like. Because the strive for perfection in a 3D reality is an impossibility. Our experience here is to break out of that idea of rigid perfectionism, rigid structure and control. We must embrace our imperfections as a gift. We can't control the outer world, there is no physical Shambhala hiding somewhere. We must learn to tame the inner one.
Nineteenth - The Astrological Path releases this October.
Peace.

Comments
Post a Comment